Friday, July 16, 2010

2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams


I love the Texas Frightmare weekend! Every year I have a blast at that show…Ooh for those of you that are interested the Texas Frightmare Weekend 2010 DVD is avalible at www.texasfrightmareweekend.com retail available for $30.00 plus shipping.

Many interesting things happen at this show. There are screenings, QnAs and you get autographs. One of the many screenings there was 2001 Maniacs Field of Screams

I had fun at that screening mostly because the Cast was there and they were sitting right behind me and I could hear them reacting to the scenes.

2001 Maniacs Field of Screams is the sequel to the 2005 film starring Robert Englund which was a remake of the Hershel Gordon Lewis Film 2000 Maniacs. The story was about a group of Yankees that get trapped in this town during their 100 year festival and realize that they are being killed because 100 years earlier the town was slaughtered by a rouge band of union soldiers and they need revenge so that their spirits can rest in piece.

That brings us to this flick where Yankee tourists are no longer coming in that vicinity so they take the show on the road where they encounter a film crew that is filming a version of the Simple Life. Filling in for Robert Englund is my friend Bill Moseley in the role as Mayor Buckman who has some scenes with Lynn Shaye that I would rather not remember.

Well Needless to say some interesting things happen

This is definitely a flick for the Die Hard Horror fans who will love it. Those of you wimps that can’t stand gratuitous gore boobs and violence pass on it because I don’t want to hear you complain. I know that some of you will be complaining about the language but bear in mind that these guys are from the deep south over a century ago.

11 Dead Bodies
18 Breasts
2001 Beasts
1 Hit and Run
1 Sawed Woman
1 face ripping
1 electrocution

And some other murders that are so gristly that I cant say here (actually I can but I don’t want to spoil the flick)

Kudos to Bill Moseley for his performance and on a personal note extra Kudos to Asa Hope mostly because of my bad luck shooting her at TFW every time I either ran out of tape or her audio was bad or other interesting things happened but she was a good sport and I thank her for that and for not thinking that I am some weirdo. Don’t worry guys she is on the QnA next to the director.

3 Stars
Check it out


No comments:

Post a Comment