Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Resident


You want to know something; I was researching for my current movie project watching this new show on Investigation Discovery called Stalked: Someone is watching hosted by Michelle Ward.

Well I was taking into consideration that most of these cases feature a woman being stalked by a man and I started thinking that the documentaries and news specials feature that type of stalking but movies feature a woman stalking a man.

Now the documentaries show this because it is the most common which makes me wonder why the narrative film shows the opposite.

Lets look at it we have Fatal Attraction where Michael Douglas has a brief affair with Glen Close and she stalks him and boils bunnies and such because she “Is not going to be ignored” as well as 2001’s Swimfan, 1995’s Malicious with Molly Ringwald which I do recommend to all of you. 2009 Had the flick Obsessed with Ali Larter, and we all remember the Crush with Alicia Silverstone and Cary Elwes.

Now to my knowledge the only real movie that features a Woman being stalked by a man in a non Slasher kind of way is 1982’s The Seduction starring Andrew Stephens and Morgan Fairchild.

Now If I have forgotten any flicks please leave me a comment naming it because I can’t think of any others.

Now there is another flick that has the woman being stalked by a man.
Please let me take this moment to mention Hammer Films which is one is one of the greatest Horror Production companies that is currently making a comeback along with Ammicus to bring us modern horror movies.

I want to go into more detail about the flicks but all of you horror fans already know about them and If you aren’t a horror fan then I have to wonder why you are reading my reviews.

Now let’s get on to the flick.

Hillary Swank plays an ER Doctor who finds the perfect apartment with a great landlord and his Grandfather (played by the incomparable Christopher Lee in a different kind of role for him). All goes well at first she even finds herself attracted to her landlord (Jeffery Dean Morgan). That is until the flick reverses itself and we are shown his point of view and see that he has devised the whole thing and just how far he will take obsession.

Believe me it is pretty creepy especially when Swank gets back with her estranged boyfriend.

This flick is definitely worth checking out. The pacing is very suspenseful in a DePalma kind of way. It is shot very nicely as well as the characters are all likable as it is shot and you find yourself feeling sorry for the stalker before he makes you hate him when he crosses that line of no return.

Fans of Psycho I recommend this to.

3 Dead Bodies
2 Breasts (Possibly a Body Double)
1 Beast
3 Stars
Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment