Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Orphan Killer


I have stated many times that Texas Frightmare Weekend in the greatest convention in the world.


I am not just saying that because I am the maker of the Official souvenir DVD of the event, which is available now. I am saying it because I truly believe it. You see kiddies I have been to plenty of other conventions and I am not going to name names here but all these others care about is the fact that the fans will pay almost anything for the chance to attend the event and they can treat them anyway they like and keep milking money from them.

I have also seen other conventions flat out rip-off the fans and then they get mad because people are bitching about them.

Texas Frightmare Weekend is in my opinion the leader of a pack of other Horror conventions that treat the fans super well and the guests there treat the fans greatly as well.

This past year I was reunited with my friend P.J. Soles and hung out briefly with Nancy Allen at the TFW Prom and the next day I had dinner with Gunner Hanson.

Also at TFW I have gotten to attend sneak previews of movies that have either received limited releases or have not yet been released on a larger scale.

One of those flicks that I didn’t get a chance to check out there but was given a copy of the DVD is the Orphan Killer. Anjanette and I did have the opportunity to interview the director and star of the flick. 


Once again I was not disappointed.

The story follows a girl named Audrey and her brother Marcus who after the brutal murder of their parents in a home invasion are sent to an orphanage where Marcus after witnessing the murder snaps and brutally beats another child with a baseball bat afterwards the is harshly beaten by the nuns and forced to wear a theater mask.


Eventually his sister is adopted by the police officer who is working the case but Marcus is left at the orphanage alone and abused.

Years later Audrey returns the orphanage to perform a show and her brother resurfaces and well I don’t want to spoil it for you.



The Orphan killer features a metalcore soundtrack that works well in the feature especially with the killings. The movie was also shot in a very crisp HD format and it was shot well by both Aaron Medick and the Director Matt Farnsworth who was also the writer and editor as well as executive Producer.


The other Producer of the flick was the lead actress Diane Foster in the role of Audrey who deserves extra points for the torture scenes and is willing to go the extra mile in this flick and reaps the rewards in the end.


All in all this entire flick receives the Five Star treatment and I expect to see more great things from the Crew in the future. Farnsworth has already begun a kickstarter campaign for the sequel which I hope will be coming soon as The Orphan Killer has the makings of the next horror Icon.

10 Dead Bodies (Give or Take)

2 Breasts

1 Beast

18 Gallons of Blood

Barb Wire Strangulation

Fork to the Jugular

Back Stabbing

Head Crushing

Barb wire bondage

Arms Roll

Heads Roll

Orphan Fu

Priest FU

Nun Fu

5 Stars

Definitely Check it out  

No comments:

Post a Comment