Wednesday, February 5, 2014

AGFA Screening: Never Too Young To DIe


Well I have to admit that the Alamo Dreafhouse in Richardson got me with this month’s sectet screening for the AGFA.

They as they have in the past couple of screenings sent out pictures of different posters giving hints.
The first was stated that the character was not Han Solo but he is a childhood hero.

The second poster shot was a Asian character with an unusual weapon.

I have to admit that I had nothing and Alamo Drafthouse manager Champ even asked me if I had a clue and my suspicions were quickly shot down, Well Kiddies, for the first time since the screenings of the  AGFA began I was unable to figure out what the screening was until James Wallace announced that the film was Too Young to Die starring John Stamos, and Vanity along with Gene Simmons and George Lazenby.

Released in 1986 the film billed Stamos as the next Big Action Star which was derailed by a little sitcom called Full House released a year later and well a few Yogurt commercials later.

The flick follows Lance Stargrove (Stamos) a college gymnast who after the death of his secret agent father (Lazenby) at the hands of the transvestite terrorist Velvet Von Ragner, Stargrove must avenge his father and foil Ragner’s plot to destroy a city’s water supply with the help of sexy female agent and love interest Danja Deering (Vanity) and his Gadget ready roommate Cliff (Peter Kwong).

Kiss musician and future reality star Gene Simmons plays the role of the villainous Ragner in a role that is not too unknown to him and he is joined by Freddy Kruger (Robert Englund in a small role) and Genre veterian and Twilight Zone regular John Andreson joins the cast as Stargrove’s boss Arliss.

Honestly at times I thought that I was watching a live action version of James Bond Jr while I was watching this movie, which that is not a bad thing just for the record.

Now on to the flick, I’m sure that this flick did receive a theatrical run but I can see that this film had its life in the video stores.

I can see why it is in the AGFA because of the action and the campiness of the film.

One of the most memorable scenes in the film is the awkward seduction where Stamos who attempts to avoid Vanity by constantly getting fruit and drinks while she entices him with her sexuality.

Fans of the James Bond 007 films would enjoy this flick with it’s blend of Action, Comedy, Drama and campiness.

15 Dead Bodies
2 Breasts

1 Beast
7 Explosions
1 Car Chase but no Crash and Burn
A 7 on the testosterone Meter
2 ½ Stars

Check it out



No comments:

Post a Comment