Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Texas Frightmare Weekend 2014


Well this has been a crazy month here at Triple C Productions and I offer my apologies for my tardiness here on the Video Creep and once again I bring you the news that The Texas Frightmare Weekend once again retains its title as the Best Convention Above All.

This year had a different feel to the show than it had before. There was a definite Heavy Metal influence this year with the addition of Ace Freelay and Dee Snider as well Twiggy Ramerez, Ogre, amd Ghost  and musicians are a different breed than many are expecting.

Now as many of you know I began my Career down in Deep Ellum shooting many of the local bands and I have been in my fair share of hotels with some of the more famous musicians in the industry and many of them are pretty guarded especially some of the more experienced.

As always every year on Friday I make it a point to walk around to all of the Tables and introduce myself to the guests and let them know that I will be shooting the event for Loyd and Sue. Now many are happy that I am doing this, others don’t care and some this where they tell me that they don’t want to be shot on Video and I tell them that this is not a problem.  This year the management of the musicians at the show almost all declined to be filmed for the event that is with the exception of Dee Snider who I didn’t even get to speak to which I wish that I did because I am again a fan.

Now I did get to meet many of my idols and people that I am a fan of since Childhood.

I had the pleasure of meeting John Kassier the voice behind the Creepkeeper who shot the traditional introduction to my annual video and I was going to get him to record a message to a friend of mine that was in the hospital but I honestly at the moment that he asked me what I wanted him to say my mind went Blank. I had expected him to have a message of his own but he was doing the right thing in asking me what I wanted him to say. I was about to get an autographed picture for my friend as well butI knew what picture she would have wanted and I knew that he would not have it because it is a rare one.

I also was fortunate to meet the cast of the Blair Witch Project which as many of you know here is one of my favorite films. It was great to have a conversation with Heather Donahue and Joshua Leonard about how the film helped me have the desire to enter the business and that when I watch the film it reminds me of being in college.

I also got to meet the original Creature From the Black Lagoon and Julia Adams.

It is always great to see some of the regulars like Bill Moseley who I always make it a point to stop by his table and have a brief conversation with him.

The best video that I shot this year was Jason Baldwin but I will speak more on that on my next entry here on the Video Creep.


I will also have a bigger announcement in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment