Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I Spit on Your Grave 2


Well as they say, Better late than never.

I know that I am pretty tardy on this review but I have been dealing with a lot in the past year and some flicks do briefly get past me so my apologies for the late review.

As many of you know I am not just a fan but an avid defender of I Spit on Your Grave as well as it’s remake so naturally I am going to check out the sequel to the remake naturally titled  I Spit on Your Grave 2.

Steven R. Monroe once again is at the helm of this flick with the location Sofia, Bulgaria providing the backdrop for the story with British actress Jemma Dallender in the lead role.

Now there was an “Unofficial” Sequel to the original film titled Savage Vengeance that did in fact star Camille Keaton semi reprising her role as Jennifer Hills once again being attacked and pursuing vengeance upon her attackers and well from what I hear and seen you are honestly not missing much so and I don’t recommend it any further.

This film features a different story and characters and well a different premise all together.

Dallender stars as Katie Carter, a model from Missouri who has recently moved to New York to further her modeling career and upon responding to an add advertising for pictures for her portfolio meets a trio of sleazy characters and after refusing to work nude for them leaves in a huff.

Eventually she finds herself being stalked by one of the men and one night she is assaulted in her home by this sick bastard.

A friend tries to intervene and is killed in his attempt and the girl is assaulted further. Calling his brothers to help him deal with the aftermath they realize that there is too much evidence and the girl is drugged only to wake up in another place.

While making her escape she is horrified to realize that she in in fact in Bulgaria and the local police don’t believe what she is telling her and refuse to take her to the American Embassy and she ends up right back where she started and is further tortured by her attackers and then she is buried alive inside of a trunk.

Well as you would guess by the title as well as the franchise history she manages to escape from this ordeal and as they say in the Holy Bible “Vengeance is Mine”. (Trust me that will come into play).

Much like its predecessor but unlike the original this film makes our heroine into a character that stalks her victims with great vengeance and furious anger than the seductive approach that was taken in the original. Now not that I am complaining it is just an interesting approach.

5 Dead Bodies
2 Breasts
Cattle prod to the groin
Cattle prod to the throat
Ball Crushing
Infection smearing
Feces drowning

Now again this is a different approach to this type of film but like it’s predecessor events like this can actually happen and sadly they have. I must admit that I have encountered people like these characters In my business and that is why this film stands out for me.

I really liked the fact that in this film unlike it’s predecessors where the only male characters that you encounter are the rapists that makes you feel that the film is saying that all men are rapists, however this flick features other male characters that actually try to help the woman in distress.

Highlander fans will be happy to see Kronos himself Valentine Pelka as the Priest that helps Katie and advises the authorities.


All In All Not a bad Flick I do recomend Checking it out.  


No comments:

Post a Comment