Friday, September 25, 2015

Among Friends


Okay Kiddies again I am pretty late to the party and I again offer my apologies. I can’t think of a more appropriate Segway for a flick like this.

I have in fact been following this flick for a while as many of you are aware that I am a fan of the director.

I admit that I do expect great things from Danielle Harris due to her experience and sometime actors make the best directors.

Anjanette and I interviewed her in 2012 regarding the film and I was looking forward to checking it out here on The Video Creep…Well many of you are aware of the setbacks that we have had during that time and now I am finally able to bring you a review.  

The film is the basic one location story casting familiar faces of working actors.

Following a small group of friends that are attending the going away party, The flick showcases the individuals that include friends and lovers. After all arriving in a Limo driven by Kane Hodder the group soon arrives at the home of their host and soon realize the malicious intent of the party.

Drugged and bound the group’s darkest secrets and mistakes are soon revealed and taken to effect and torturous consequences take place alongside betrayals and revelations.

I found the flick entertaining despite the lack of decent characters and when you see some characters that you think have potential they are soon revealed to be the worst among them.

With the torture of the characters including scalping and dismemberment the film took some creative directions to avoid showing particular scenes including a surreal drug trip where the cast of the film is shown behind the scenes with cameos from industry professionals including Michael Bein among others.

As I stated earlier the flick uses only a small amount of locations and with the wardrobe selections giving the flick the color and a look and style that makes it unique as opposed to many flicks of it’s kind. It also helps. The Script is clearly the star of the film and the cast’s talent still works for the film though the star of the film is clearly the director.  

All In All the flick isn’t bad and worth a look 

1 Dead Body
0 Breasts
2 Villians
Scalping
Finger Cutting
Castration

Not bad for a first effort

Check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment