Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The A-Team



There is a plan for everything and I love it when a plan comes together.

Last night I checked out a early screening of the new A-Team movie and unlike most of my movie critic brethren I loved this movie. Is it just me or there are a lot of Action movies out this summer?
.. ..
Now what we have here Kiddies is what I consider to be an updated remake/prequel/reboot/what the hell else to call this movie that is trendy.
.. ..
Now I have to admit that I am a major fan of the original series. One of the things that you never got to see is “The Crime that they didn’t commit” Well in this flick you got to not only see the crime but you also got to see the formation of the A-Team and you got to see the reason that B.A. has an intense fear of Flying.
.. ..
The flick opens with a uber intense chase that makes the new 007 look tame and it is so ridicules that it rules. And it barely stops there.
.. ..
Lets take a look at the team
.. ..
..Col.., “..Hannibal..” Smith played by Liam Neeson The leader of the team and the man with the plan ....Hannibal.... was very loyal to the character in the original. On that note I am happy to see that they kept the cigars, that was a major prop for the character in the original and I was afraid that it would not be included in this flick because it is not PC and we can’t have the parents getting upset about that. And it was also a Cuban that he was smoking I don’t know if it was a CAO which seems that they are always sponsoring something. (Which I talk about while I puff on a Hoyo De Monterey 1066)....

.. ..
Lt, “Face” Peck played by Bradley Cooper excellent job here I am not all that familiar with him except for the Hangover. And I enjoyed his performance.....
.. ..

Sgt "B.A." Baracus played by Quentin “Rampage Jackson. I liked the fact that he played the character and not him acting like Mr T which is what I was expecting and they had a good character arc for him. Now I feel the need to point out when you first see the character he has PITTY tattooed on one hand and FOOL on the other. Now I know that is a play on Mr T’s famous catch phrase “I Pitty the Fool” …Just for the record that line wasn’t used in the A-Team it was used in Rocky 3 in the interview scene.....
.. ..

Captain H.M Murdock played by Sharlto Copley now this guy stole the movie. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the movie Murdock is nuts and he is used for most of the comic relief in the movie and the crowds were really into him.....
.. ..

Needless to say check this flick out go see it and if you do stay after the credits and you will see a scene where Murdock and Face interact with Murdock and Face if you know what I mean....

.. ..
3 Dead Bodies....
0 Breasts....
0 Beasts....
2 Car Chase....
1 Plane chase....
1 Flying tank Chase....
1 Inverted Helocopter chase....
9 Cigars....
I lost Track of Explosions....
.. ..
4 Stars ....
.. ..
Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment