Tuesday, July 23, 2013

HAuNTcon 2013


Well Kiddies I’m back in business. April 25th-28th was my first shoot back in the business and that shoot is none other than HAuNT Con at our old stomping grounds at the Sheraton DFW Hotel.

The reasons that I say that was our old stomping grounds is that many of you will know is that was the location of the Texas Frightmare Weekend from 2009 to 2011 so this was a location that I am familiar with and I have to admit that I know it like the back of my hand.

The weekend for me started out great…Actually it started out on a Wednesday for me hopping on a Bus for the Haunt Tour.

Thanks to Leonard Pickel and Steve Colberg for giving me the pass to attend the tours.

It was awesome to attend some of the Haunts that had come to the DFW area in the time that I was in Austin and to revisit some of the old Haunts that I attended in the past.

I was also included with the group that was in charge of the media and we truly enjoyed ourselves that week
.
I was also not alone that weekend. I was joined by many of my old Frightmare brethren including Anjanette who is a longtime friend and has always been there for me when I need her the most as well as Parrish Randall who trust me we had a blast filming at HAuNT con.

I also liked reconnecting with many of the Celebrity guests that I have gotten to know that I had met at the last HAuNT Con in 2005 

Like Reggie Bannister. I had a great conversation with him and his wife GiGi. 
Here is a picture of us in 2005

As well as Edwin Neal that I have also met in 2005.


Parrish and I also went around on Sunday and shot the booths.

and then there was Godzilla.


I realized something this weekend.

I think that there were some points this weekend that I realized that I still have to talent to make something great. The videos that Parrish and I did honestly were just us goofing off and the videos turned out great. That was Parrish and I goofing off. I am looking forward to us working on something that we actually give 110% to.

I realized Saturday Night during the party that I am going to be ok after the Fire.

And then on Sunday HAuNT Con had the Haunter's Garage Sale where local Haunted Attractions sell their used collections. 
I did a walk through the first time while shooting and I did another and then I saw them. 
I had a collection of Universal Monster Cardboard Displays from when I worked at Blockbuster and they were some of my most prized possessions. When they were lost in the fire I was Devastated among the other treasures that I loved.

With the help of a add on Craigslist of a man in Florida and the help of my family I was able to regain Frankenstein's Monster as well as the Creature From the Black Lagoon for a reasonable price but the standups of Dracula and The Wolfman were going on ebay for $200.00 and I can't afford them. 

Dracula and The Wolfman were sitting on the wall for sale for $15.00 each. However the ATM did not work and I had no cash and that was all that they were taking. Then the owner of the Haunt recognized me    He was the owner of the Slaughterhouse Haunted House in Deep Ellum and he gave them to me for shooting his Haunt. Now the Gang is all here. It's nice to have something back that I lost.  


Now it is time to get back to work. 

By the Way please check out my Hauntshooter YouTube Channel and subscribe if you like it. 
Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment