Monday, October 7, 2013

At the Alamo: Horror Remix variety Show


Now as many of you may know I have recently returned to the Dallas area after a couple of years living in the Austin area after the distruction of my home in a fire. 

Well to give you all a brief update I have moved back to Dallas where I have encountered other Dramas that have kept me occupied and I want to say that it feels like home and I will return to Austin someday when I am ready. I am glad that I received the therapy that I received at the Austin Men's Center to help me be able to handle the hell that I have been through in the past year.



That being said there is now an Alamo Drafthouse in Richardson and they are trying to create some of the same programming that you will find in the Austin area. 

I attended the Dallas version of the Horror Remix which I had been told had been taking place at the Studio Movie Grill before that. 


I did get to meet the couple that are the masterminds of the Horror Remix  and we were treated to a special edition here in Big-D. First off there was a special remix of the 1983 film Bloodbeat with the band Nervous Curtains inside the Theater performing the music while the remix was shown. 



This was definetly a different experience and was well received by the crowd in the theater. 

Then there was a comedy sketch with the Atlantic Pacific Billy improve comedy troupe doing their own rendition of The Exorcist which was far more raunchier than you can Imagine. 


Then it was on to the Remix. This version of the Remix Was definetly a variety show feel with Cheesecake and Thunderclap opening with a monologue and a  Laugh track.


Their first film was Don't Go to Sleep followed by a montage of movie kills that included the opening of Wolfen  


With frequent commercial breaks featuring reedits of Hulk Hogan and Macho Man and another that really made me want a Pizza. followed by the Emelio Estevez segment of Nightmares, and again to close it all off with Cheesecake and Thunderclap. 

 


Definetly worth checking out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment