Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Infliction


I admit that I have recently been getting more involved on Twitter and other social networks in order to improve my business as well as marketing for my own projects and well I was contacted the other day by a group that were promoting their film Infliction.

It is again no secret that I am a fan on the Found Footage subgenre and I will always give one of the flicks a view and I have to admit that many of them are far more creepy than their third person perspective brethren.

Now many of these flicks are strictly from the perspective of the victims in the film and in the climax these characters meet their demise and it is revealed that the footage has been recovered to tell the story. However few of these films are taken from the point of view of the perpetrator of the crimes.

Now many of you that have followed me here on the Video Creep will remember my review of The Poughkeepsie tapes being among the first films that follow the killer rather than the victim.
I am here to bring you another film with Infliction.

Infliction follows the brothers John and Kenneth Stiles who document their murders of a select group of people ranging from a judge to a Christian couple and a social worker.

While the murders are occurring you are asking what is their motive and their past history with these victims.

Now many will complain about the acting in this film I feel the need to point out that characters in the film may feel the need to act since they know that they are being filmed and may be trying to act it out for the cameras and may be the reason for their performances in this film.

Also as pointed out earlier this is one of the first films that show from the point of view of the killers and the more that you discover their backstory you may begin to feel sympathy for them especially in the climax. Making the characters more sympathetic may be controversial to some but I say that since the characters are in fact our narrators of this film we look at the actions from their point of view and while not justifying their actions we are also shown their remorse.

This is definitely an   original story and it is worth the look.

6 Dead Bodies
0 Breasts
5 Beasts
1 Throat slashing
2 Stabbings
2 Bashings
1 skinning
7 Beatings

2 ½ Stars

Check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment