Saturday, September 10, 2016

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice


Now I know that I am also late on this one but once again I have to wait for the Blu-Ray Release if I am going to continue to be a champion of the BluRay and DVD media.

Now I did see this flick in the theater as a matter of fact I was there naturally at the Alamo in Dallas with my trusty Canon Camera covering the festivities. Enjoy the video.

Now I have been waiting for this flick all of my life and I have to address some issues here. 

First off to all of you haters that cheered when the movie was announced at Comic Con International and then turned on the flick when Ben Affleck was announced in the Batman role I say GET OVER IT!

 I honestly think myself and Kevin Smith were the only Affleck supporters and I will continue to be a supporter and as far as you go Haters can't be choosers. On that note I think he did great in the role as both Bruce Wayne, Batman and the man in between. 

Now is the part where you all come in and tell me in the comments section that you don't care about what I say and you will continue to hate him and I say that is your right and If you really don't care what I have to say I have to ask you...Why are you reading this? 

Now for those of you that are bitching on the Darker aspects of Superman, This is where I address the fact that the character has been a darker character since 1992 in the comics and this is only the second time that aspect of the character has been seen on the screen. Zach Snyder has always been trying to keep it as loyal to the Comics as he can so he is going to go that direction and this especially holds true to the current climate that we all see playing out in Our society and the real world. 

I feel the need to point out in the Comics that Lex Luthor ran for president and won in the comics and people said that would never happen in the real world. Well look out there and see that we have a Billionare running for office and has the nomination. 

Just think about it and also look at the other side of the ticket as well. 

If Superman did appear in our world today he would receive the same reception and that would be taxing on his image and outlook. 

Now let me move on to my own questions about the flick. 

I know what this flick's true purpose is and that was to announce the creation of the DC Cinematic Universe establishing Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Cyborg in the same universe. Similar to Marvel and I am all for it and Excited. 

Besides this flick is far more for introducing Batman and essentially making this film his movie.

Now many of you are asking why did batman not get an establishing movie all to his own...This is when I say there has been 7 of them if you haven't noticed. 

Wonder Woman has her own flick coming out as do others and there is an upcoming Justice League flick in production as I type these words. 

Now my biggest question is WHEN IN THE HELL did Metropolis and Gotham become neighboring Cities. I would have liked a little more distance there but by the looks of it there is only a Bay between them and it doesn't look like that big of a Bay to begin with. 

Now I know that both cities are supposed to be New York but I am just saying. 

Also did Lex Luthor know about Superman's Identity all along and does he know about Batman's there is a slight plot hole there and I am not happy about that. 

THose were my only real issues with the flick. I know that some were complaining about Batman using a gun and having that military sequence but I have to remind all of you that it was a dream sequence that would be enough to scare The Dark Knight into taking down The Man of Steel. 

I liked the references to many of the comic greats from the obvious references to The Dark Knight Returns as well as The Death of Superman with Doomsday and Superman's sacrifice in a role reversal with Batman at the end of DKR. 

I also liked the costume departments for this film especially for Clark Kent and Lex Luthor for their characters. 

The Ultimate Edition honestly Isn't something to make too big of a deal about as it mostly deals with subplots however there is some good character development between Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne and some scenes with Lex Luthor which explains his motives. 

There are some great Special Features in this release. Ranging from documentaries about individual characters and this film's interpretation for this universe. And the talks of the future DC Cinematic Universe, As well as well done documentaries of The Bat Cave and The Batmobile. 

All in All The flick while not the best Batman or Superman flick as there are some tough acts to follow it is also not the worst as there are come bad ones in both franchises. This flick is what it is and there was no way the movie could live up to the hype and I still enjoyed it and had a great time watching it. Haters are going to Hate and Fans are going to love.

Check it out 




No comments:

Post a Comment